About the Consumer Complaint Process

SRAR ensures that our REALTORS® uphold the code of ethics and work in the best interest of you, the client. If you have a less than positive experience with your agent, there are a number of steps that you can take.

Talk to the Agent

If you feel comfortable expressing your concerns, the best first step is to try speak to your agent about where you feel the process isn't working. A good agent, interested in upholding the ethics of the industry, will strive to address your concerns.

Talk to the Brokerage

All agents must either be brokers or work for a brokerage, and the brokerage can manage any conflict between you and the agent working for them. Contact the broker and express your concern.

The broker is then in a position to help you with your issue, either by mediating the dispute or communicating your concerns to their agent to decide if disciplinary action is required.

File an Official Complaint with SRAR

If no resolution between you and your agent is possible by talking to the agent or the broker, you may file an official complaint with SRAR. We can perform an official investigation into allegations of violations pursuant to our bylaws.

Steps to filing a complaint:

1. SRAR must receive a written complaint in order to open an investigation.

2. Upon receipt of the complaint, SRAR must first determine if the complaint falls within their jurisdiction: ethics or standards of the members, and not issues of compensation.

3. A researcher is assigned to the file, and will want to speak to both you and the agent involved.

4. The researcher presents their findings to the SRAR Standards Committee. The Committee may either:

  • Determine that no action is required. The file will be closed.

  • Decide if the complaint should be handled by the Saskatchewan Real Estate Commission.

  • Prepare a charge.

5. The file will then be transferred to a hearing by a discipline committee for further action.

If you wish to file an official complaint, please fill out the complaint form and email it to our office.


Contact Us